There are so many choices when selecting an air conditioner, it’s hard to know where to begin. We are completely spoilt with choice including a huge range of models, styles and colours to choose from, but before you make a purchase consider the following five helpful tips.
1. Size – The size of the air conditioner you purchase will depend on the size of the room/s you are wanting it for. If you are just heating one room then a Split System Air Conditioner is ideal for heating and cooling one smaller area. If you are wanting to heat a lot of rooms or an entire building, then you may require a Multi Split System Air Conditioner, or a Ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner, also known as a Packaged Air Conditioner.
2. Budget – Before you start looking for air conditioners, it’s a great idea to work out how much you want to spend. Once you have decided on the size of the system, then the price is next. There are a wide range of brands and models on the market, but please remember the old saying, “You pay for what you get”. You air conditioning system will be used most days for either heating or cooling, so it is vital that you choose a trustworthy brand, make and model. Spending a little more in the short term, can provide you with a lot more benefits in the long term, by saving you money on electricity bills, while also lasting you for many years.
3. Research – Before making a decision it’s important to do your research. Know what’s available and increase your knowledge about what each system offers, their power output, their energy efficiency and their features. You can do this by visiting consumer websites and reading about the different brands and models. You can also read consumer or expert reviews to know what are the benefits and feedback, such as the popular Canstar Blue reviews which rates air conditioning systems in a range of areas . Our team at Mako AIr are also very happy to help. We have been assisting our Geelong, Torquay and Surf Coast customers for more than twenty years, so we can give you expert advice about air conditioning systems and what is suitable in our coastal environments.
4. Energy Efficiency – Since 1992 it has been mandatory for appliances to have an energy rating label. The more stars, the more energy efficient. For air conditioners the energy efficiency is rated up to 10 stars. The blue stars rate the cooling efficiency and the red stars assess the heating. It is important to consider the star rating, as it can save you a lot of money on your utility bills.
5. Features – With technological advances the features of air conditioning units are constantly improving. You can purchase remote control systems, but now there are also “smart systems” that can be controlled through WiFi and apps through your mobile phone. Some air conditioning models also have timers, economy modes, human presence sensor and self-cleaning options. The features you choose will also depend on the budget you have.
If you would like more information about what type, or size of air conditioner you need, then please contact our team on 0490 333 461, or please email us at email@example.com.