With the recent summer hot weather behind us, the research is showing future heatwaves will get hotter and more intense as a result of climate change, the humble air conditioner has become a very important part of our lives.
The first modern electrical air conditioner was invented in 1902 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioning) and was considered a luxurious item, meanwhile today three out of four Australian homes have a refrigerated air conditioner or evaporative cooler (reference Australian Bureau of Statistics).
Over the years, air conditioner designs have gone from smaller compact units, to larger split systems for heating and cooling. Most designs remained ”white” to be a safe neutral colour for consumers, although we are now seeing the introduction of stainless steel, brighter colours and wooden finishes to meet the demand of the modern purchaser.
So if you are updating your air conditioning system or making a new purchase, we’ve put together a collection of innovative and stylish air conditioning designs to help you make a statement in your home!
- LG have released their new “Art Cool Gallery” range of air conditioners that come with a frame that allows you to personalise the unit with your own pictures.
- Check out these funky colours for portable air conditioners, a great way to brighten up any home.
- Mitsubishi has introduced Stainless Steel and Sleek Black to their new Air Conditioner range, a great colour choice for the contemporary home.
- These design concepts from LG mean there will be an air conditioning unit to suit any consumer. They look like they should be an art piece, not an appliance.
- Haier’s 3D printed design will set you back more than $6000. They even customise the design to suit your style.
- How about a stylish wood grained finish, another stylish design from LG’s “Art Cool” range.
- Sleek and stylish, this LG air conditioner looks quite futuristic in its design.
- Haier’s recently designed Tianzun Smart Air Conditioner connects with Apple devices to be able to control the unit with your iPhone, iPad or iPod while you’re in your home or out.
- Asian Company AKL have included the new Glass Panel Display Split Wall Air Conditioner in their range, taking LED technology to the next step.
- What can we expect in the future? Solar panelled air conditioners are becoming more popular to meet the needs of our environmentally conscious consumers.
It’s great to see there are now lots of stylish choices when buying an air conditioning unit and this valuable appliance is being given the respect it deserves.
Mako Air have been in the Air Conditioning Industry for more than 15 years, call Heath for all your maintenance and service needs.