Finding the right air conditioner for your new home of office can be difficult if you’re not sure what factors to consider. One of our highest selling units is the Ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner. The ducted reverse cycle air conditioner is the ultimate unit, because unlike conventional air conditioners that can only heat one or two rooms, ducted air conditioning can distribute warm or cool air throughout your entire home or building.
What is Ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning?
Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning comprises of a central unit installed in the roof which is powered by a compressor which is located outside. The indoor unit is connected via ducts to a series of outlets installed in each room that you require to be heated or cooled. The unit provides both heating and cooling. Ducted reverse cycle air conditioners are ideal for medium size, to larger size homes or offices.
What are the Main Benefits of Ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning?
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioners are the most energy efficient methods of heating and cooling. They are efficient in terms of energy use, efficient in cost over time, efficient in cooling and efficient in heating, which can also save you money on your electricity bills.
- Another benefit is that rooms can be individually zoned, which means each room can be set to a suitable temperature for the people that are using them. Rooms not in use can also be turned off which is another great money saver.
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioners are much quieter than split system or portable air conditioning units. This is ideal on those hot or cold nights when you need your unit on while you’re sleeping.
- When installed professionally you will notice this system is very discreetly hidden away behind walls and ceilings, making no impact on the aesthetics in your residence or commercial building.
- Ducted reverse cycle units don’t just heat or cool your home or office, many modern systems can actually also purify the air in the room, which is of great benefit to those that suffer from breathing problems such as asthma or hay fever.
- Looking after the environment is of huge importance and ducted reverse cycle air conditioners on average only produce one third of the greenhouse gas emissions of standard electric heaters, this is another great advantage.
- The air conditioners provide immediate heat or cool air once they are turned on, they don’t need a furnace to get to operating temperatures before the fan can be used,. This saves a lot of time and energy costs.
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioners are very reliable and safe, as there are no pilot lights that can be blown out in the wind, and there are no risks of gas leaks or explosions, as they require no combustion to operate.
- The installation of this system can be a real investment in your home or office. Therefore if you consider selling, your resale value can increase and the unit can be an appealing factor for potential buyers.
- These systems are very flexible and save time. They can be set to a particular temperature on the timer and therefore when you arrive to your office, or arrive home in the evening, your home or office will be at a beautiful temperature waiting for you.
Mako Air Can Help!
If you are interested in learning more about ducted reverse cycle air conditioners, please give us a call on 0490 333 461. We have been helping customers in Geelong and around the Surf Coast for more than twenty years and specialise in ducted reverse cycle air conditioning supply, installation and servicing.