Now that summer has arrived, many of us enjoy travelling around the Surf Coast, Geelong and Great Ocean Road to experience the beaches and beautiful sunshine. On our journey we usually need a stopover at the local supermarkets to gather some supplies. In Geelong and the Surf Coast we have a wide range of supermarkets to choose from, some are larger chains such as Woolworths and Coles, but in smaller beachside towns Independent Supermarkets such as IGA and Foodworks also benefit from our support.
Here’s a list of some of the supermarkets along the Great Ocean Road to help with your journey;
- Apollo Bay IGA Xpress is open 7 days from 8am daily. Situated at 103-109 Great Ocean Road Apollo Bay. Being on the main road it is very easy to access. Phone 03 5237 6251.
- Apollo Bay Foodworks is located at 4 Hardy St Apollo Bay and open 8am to 9pm daily. For more information visit their website at Foodworks Facebook.
- Lorne Foodworks is the only supermarket available in town so it can be a very busy place at times. Open 7 days from 7am to 8pm, it has all the essentials that you need. For more information call them on 03 5289 1645.
- Aireys Inlet General Store at 40 Great Ocean Road Aireys Inlet is your one stop shop for everything from groceries, petrol and papers, to alcohol, fruit and veggies. Open 7 days, you can contact them via email at email@example.com or phone 03 5289 6221.
- Anglesea IGA is an independent family business which has been owned by the Calvert family for almost 40 years. They pride themselves on providing a wide range of everyday andlocal groceries, gourmet foods, international foods and also have a gluten free range. They are located at 87-89 Great Ocean Road Anglesea and are open 7 days from 8am to 8pm.
- Torquay is blessed with 5 supermarkets. The only independent supermarket is Torquay IGA located in the heart of town at 9 Gilbert St Torquay. Torquay IGA stock a wide range of local produce and gluten free and organic foods. For more information visit IGA Stores.
- Torquay North Woolworths is a relatively new store in a small shopping centre at 222 Fischer St Torquay North. They are open 7 days from 7am to 10pm which is fantastic is you need some late night shopping and a bonus with a petrol station next door.
- Torquay Woolworths is in the main shopping strip in Bristol Road Torquay. They are open from 7am to 10pm daily and being a larger store they have all the essentials. Contact them on 03 5264 9025 for further details.
- Torquay Coles is just down the road from Woolies, and is located at 41 Bristol Road Torquay. Open Thursdays to Mondays from 6am until 11pm and Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7am to 10pm, it’s a great option for early shopping or late night shopping.
- Torquay Aldi is a new store located at 14-18 Winki Way Torquay and many locals were very happy to see it open last year. Offering a wide range of groceries and it’s famous “Special Buys”, they usually have something for everyone!
Our team at Mako Air have been supporting local supermarkets in Geelong and the Surf Coast for more than 20 years. We of course purchase groceries from them, but our main role has been by providing commercial refrigeration and air conditioning services including the supply, installation and maintenance of air conditioning units, refrigeration systems and freezer rooms. For any assistance please call us on 0490 333 461.