After a beautiful summer and many beach days, we now begin to adapt to much cooler weather and prepare our homes and offices for the approaching winter. With Geelong and the Surf Coast‘s average temperature reducing to 14 to 16 degrees, we switch our split system air conditioner to heating mode to keep us cosy and warm. But after a summer of heavy use, your split system unit may have gathered a lot of dirt and dust in the filters and may require servicing and maintenance.
What are the Benefits of Split System Heater Servicing and Maintenance?
With your split system being one of the most used appliances in your home or office, just like your car getting serviced, your split system unit requires maintenance too. There are many reasons why servicing your system is important, let us explain a few;
- If your split system is not maintained then the efficiency of your unit declines and will not be able to reach its peak performance. This can then make your system work a lot harder to reach it’s required temperatures, meaning your energy bill can increase too.
- Your split system air filters filter the air with each use and over time they gather dust and dirt particles. If your air filters are not cleaned or replaced regularly, then the air quality around your home and office can reduce dramatically and when inhaled can especially impact people affected by health problems such as asthma and respiratory issues.
- Your split system has many components which work together to provide you with beautiful warmth. Regular maintenance ensures that your system works to the best of its ability every time which can also prevent major problems developing in the future.
What is involved in Split System Servicing & Maintenance?
When you call our professionals at Mako Air you can be assured that we service all parts of your split system unit. We clean filters, test for air quality, check the heating performance and check all operational components. We also provide you with a written report so you know what we did and if there were any concerns.
How often should your Split System Unit be Professionally Serviced and Maintained?
Professional servicing and maintenance is recommended a minimum of at least once a year. Professional servicing can be more regular especially if your split system unit has prolonged use such as your business operating longer hours, or you may like to keep your home warm throughout the night and use it a lot more than the average user. You may also require a professional maintenance check if you hear any unusual noises, smell any unusual smells, see water leaking, or just notice your heater is not working the way it should.
How do I arrange Split System Heater Servicing and Maintenance?
Our team are Mako Air have been assisting customers around Geelong and the Surf Coast for more than twenty years. To arrange servicing and maintenance you can;
1. Call us on 0490 333 461
2. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Complete our Online Enquiry Form through our website.