Choosing an energy efficient heating system is an important decision to make whether you’re building or renovating, or even updating what you currently use. Being aware of energy efficient heating will allow you to make an informed choice about what is best for your home or commercial building and ways to reduce costs for you.
What is Energy Efficient Heating?
Energy efficient heating means that an appliance runs without using much power, meaning you save money on electricity and/or gas bills. These appliances are also more environmentally sustainable, meaning they reduce greenhouse emissions which is a benefit to you and the environment.
Choosing Energy Efficient Heating
Heating and cooling systems are one of the most highest users of energy in your home or office. Our team at Mako Air would like to share some tips with you about choosing energy efficient heating.
- Energy Rating – Compare the energy star rating of different heating systems, the more stars, the more energy efficient. The more energy efficient, the cheaper it will be run.
- Choose the right heater for your needs – Mako Air can discuss with you during your planning stage about the right capacity heating system for the space you need. We visit your home or building and will consider all factors including space, heater type and model and climate, to make certain your heating system will heat your area adequately and efficiently.
- Heater Functionality – A cheaper heating unit, doesn’t always mean the best one. We will help you choose quality brands and models focussed on energy efficiency, including features such as thermostat and timer controls, humidifiers, air filters and “smart heating” options where you can use smart devices to control your heating unit.
- Professional Installation and Servicing – It’s vital that you use qualified heating experts to install your heating system. Knowing you have experienced, licenced installation will allow your unit to work efficiently, but also maintain safety in your home and office. Once installed correctly, allowing your unit to work at its optimum level, means professional regular servicing. Mako Air can assist you ongoing with Heating selection, installation and servicing, we are there for the whole process.
Energy Efficiency and You
There are many ways you can make changes in and around your residential and commercial area to improve energy efficiency including;
- Blinds and Curtains – Keep them open if the sun is out and closed when it’s cold, this will maintain heat.
- Insulation – Install insulation in your roof to keep your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Close doors and remove draughts – Once your home is heated you don’t want heat escaping through doors or under doors. Also seal draughts around window sills.
- Ceiling Fan – Most ceiling fans have a winter mode and summer mode, use this function for your benefit to circulate heat.
- Temperature – Ideal heater settings are around 20-21 degrees. Making the temperature higher just makes your heater work harder and costs more.
Choosing the right heating system is vital for adequately heating your residence or business and can save you a lot of money if you focus on energy efficiency too. For more information, please call our experienced team on 0490 333 461.